Andrew Taylor has worked his way up to become one of the current examples of a model freerider. He puts on one contest a year – AT’s Showdown – then he devotes a lot of his time traveling, filming, shooting and riding with a wide range of talented athletes. What is left of his schedule allows him to pick and choose the contests he wants to enter without feeling forced to chase after the FMB top prize. - See more at: -Decline Magazine
Its been 10 years and one hell of a wild ride! I'd say the things I'm most stoked on throughout my career so far would be having competed at some of the biggest contests with some podium finishes, holding my own event, helping with the launch of hitcase and riding with some of the best riders in the world for our "Seasons of Shred" video series. Nowadays I'm stoked on exploring new places on and off the bikes so I'm very fortunate for the opportunities that the bike has given me.
- Name: Andrew Taylor
- DOB: January 1st 1988
- All of your sponsors: X-Fusion, Norco Bicycles, Adidas, Gravity, Hitcase, SDG, e*13, Formula, Bell Helmets, VP, Kenda, Smith Optics
- Must haves when traveling:There's no way I'm leaving home without a good set of headphones and a new playlist for the trip
- Advice for up and coming riders:Focus on becoming a well rounded rider. I look up to people the most when you know they can jump on any type of terrain and make it look natural.
- Most played son on your mp3: A country boy can survive
- Right or left foot forward: Left
- Favorite X-Fusion product: Metric
- Hometown: Santa Rosa, CA residing in Santa Cruz, CA
- Drink of choice: A solid cup of joe
- Favorite Meal: Anything wrapped in a tortilla